Electropolishing is a treatment that results in a glossy finish and improves the stainless properties of surfaces. With electropolishing we achieve a reduction in roughness, surface uniformity, a slight deburring of the edges, maximum cleaning and asepsis, and passivation of the surface. Prepared for use in the chemical, pharmaceutical, food, public works, furniture, industry in general.
Aspects to consider
The time and voltage applied to contact the surface of the part must be regulated, since depending on the chemical composition, malleability, and the characteristics of the part itself, the current travels and covers it, causing the surface layer to acquire an even more constant finish by the particles removed, so it can be said that the metal part is subjected to an "electrical polishing". Therefore, the edges and also the detailed work can lose their qualities since the edges will flatten, if the work piece is left under the process for more than the time and voltage due. Not all materials can be electropolished.
Benefits of Electropolishing Stainless Steel
Electropolishing stainless steel provides a number of benefits to our treated part, which are:
- A considerable improvement on the physical appearance of the piece, achieving a shiny and smooth enamel, with a uniform shine throughout the piece.
- Improved mechanical properties: as mentioned above, the electropolishing process does not affect the chemical or mechanical properties of the part, but it does provide improvements, in this case in the mechanical properties.
- Increase in production cycles, especially in the food area due to the fact that electropolishing considerably reduces obstructions, product accumulation, encrustation etc.
- Reduces galling of threads on stainless steel and carbon and other alloys.
- Relieves stress from surface´s part.
- Electropolishing gives the piece excellent protection against corrosion.
- Improves sterilization and maintenance of hygienically clean surfaces for food, medicine, beverage, and chemical processing equipment.
- It allows to discover defects in the treated metal surface that are undetectable by other means.
If you want to know more about the Electropolishing, at SUMIPARTS we are willing to collaborate with you. We want to provide you with the best services at your reach. Get in touch with us by calling Pbx: +57 748 22 13 Cel: 313 699 13 56 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our technical team will be ready to assist you.